Sunday, October 14, 2007

Whidbey Island


We rounded out our weekend travels with a trip to Whidbey Island today. Tristan didn't get a lot of places to play yesterday so I thought this would be a good trip.

Our first stop was at the fairgrounds in Langley. We've gone before and it's always empty so it's a great place for Tristan to tear around and burn off some energy. Lots of fetch then Tristan went exploring in and out of all the barns. The different animal smells really intrigued him. I love Langley but we didn't spend much time there today as I wanted to be sure to get further up the island.

Our next stop was at Greenbank. Very little was going on at the Sunday's farmer market but darn if it isn't right next to the Whidbey Pies Cafe which has the best pies anywhere!

We found a deserted beach and Tristan had a grand time. He found a driftwood log that he dragged up and down the beach and played with obsessively. In fact my nose got a bit out of joint. Tristan is very attentive to me and always keeps an eye on me. Well not today. I lost out big time to the log. I went back up the trail to see when Tristan would notice I was gone and come find me. We might well still be there if I had waited for him. So now we know.

Tristan also got his first up close glimpse at deer. After dark we were on a country road leading to yet another park and we saw a lot of small deer. Tristan started barking at them. I expect he thought they were very skinny sheep and he should be out herding them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home