Thursday, January 08, 2009

Where In The World Is Chamberlain Lake?

After our visit to Magnolia Manor Park, we went in search of Chamberlain Lake. I recalled a lake on the Google map I looked up for directions but what was a lake doing on the top of Magnolia? I knew it was within a block or so of our errand but I hadn't brought the map with me. We drove up and down the streets until I started to have a vague suspicion that the lake could be part of the park or perhaps a reservoir connected to the park; but even though I walked and drove around the boundaries as much I could - no lake, pond or reservoir. Hmm.

I looked it up again when I got home and, yep, there's the lake - right where the park is.
.
By googling I found a single reference to Magnolia Manor Reservoir Dam. I was on the hunt. Finally digging through the Seattle gov utilities pages for information, I had my answer. Poof, it's gone!


Here's the picture Seattle.gov labels as "Open space at Magnolia Underground Reservoir". It's the entrance to Magnolia Manor Park. Seattle reservoirs are going underground and Magnolia took the dive in 2005.

Google is messin' with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you train schutzhund in seattle? I'm near downtown seattle and have a 5month gsd. Id like to get started.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home