Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tracking breakthrough

I think he's got it! I think he's got it! Tristan did really well indicating on articles today. It's been several weeks since Tristan's first real training with articles on a track. Today I again laid seven articles and the trainer worked with Tristan on indicating. After platzing Tristan at each article, the trainer knelt beside him (he can kneel and I can't) and gave him lots and lots of treats on top of the article. Then on to the next article while the trainer held his hand out for more treats which I quickly supplied. We were like a fine surgical team and I half expected him to snap "scalpel" at me.

Tristan gobbled the treats up and got better with each article. He platzed on his own at the final article and it seemed like an "aha" moment for the big boy. It's really fun to see the progression from quizzical uncertainty to a bit of a swagger when he gets it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home