Sunday, July 16, 2006

1st Place Adult Class Male, 2006 Regional Conformation Show


We really truly won! Tristan won 1st Place Adult Class Male in the 2006 Regional Conformation Show. He also was awarded the rating of SG which means Very Good. It's the highest rating a dog can get without a working title. I can't even begin to describe how surprised and pleased I am. As the group was being judged, I went from thinking "Please don't let him be last" to having it dawn on me that he was in first position as the judge arranged the dogs in order of placement. I'm still grinning!

I am again totally indebted to Nicole. She handled Tristan and obviously did an incredible job. Nicole also handled a dog in the preceding group so she had to have been quite tired although it wasn't evident. There's a lot of running required and the judging of each group takes about 45 minutes. I think it's now St. Nicole, Superwoman!

I'm lucky to have found such a great Schutzhund club. The members are so incredibly supportive and helpful. I really couldn't do Schutzhund work without them. They do so much to help and always put me at ease about it. The trainer is amazing and I truly believe he is our very own GSD Whisperer. He has this incredible ability to read each dog and know exactly what the dog needs whether it's a new technique or more praise or the proper correction.

Once again I have say that I can't believe I actually got the dog of my dreams. First to get a sweet, lovable, mischievous dog with the great temperament I wanted; then to find out he's very good at Schutzhund AND as a service dog; and finally now to have him be judged with a very good structure; it's amazing to me that I am so lucky. I love Tristan so much and think he's wonderful. He thinks I'm just biased because he's my guy. It's nice to have him receive objective approvals too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job Big "T". We all know you have in you! I'm so proud and happy for you.

Go Tristan!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home