Sunday, August 20, 2006

Today's training

Tristan was superb at tracking today and I hit a personal milestone. I laid a really long track and reached the end of a row of trees which I have never managed before. Actually since I laid the track and followed it again with Tristan, I did it twice. It's really an accomplishment for me to be able to go so far. Tristan did the whole track spot on and he hit all the turns without hesitation. I left him a big bonanza of treats at the end to celebrate.

The next step is to start laying articles. Tristan has to get better at his platz, however, before we do that so he can indicate the articles. When Tristan was a pup, he had a great down. He'd throw his front paws out and slam himself to the ground immediately. It was like a great game to him. Now he tends to walk his feet out until he's in a down position. I think this began when I stopped using hand signals and started having Tristan stay in the platz. We're working on it now and my goal is to get it snappy again.

Tristan continues to do well working on obedience during protection. Sal is not going to get the sleeve back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home