Sunday, September 10, 2006

Our own training day

The club didn't have training today so Tristan and I went to a local state park for a picnic and practice on our own. It's really fun to work with him now that he is getting so good at obedience plus it's so much easier now that I can let him off lead. It's alway been enjoyable but this is laugh out loud fun. Tristan is so funny because now that he "gets" it, he really seems to enjoy showing off how good he can fuss and platz and hier. He understands that we'll play lots of fetch between exercises. Since Tristan comes reliably when called I don't worry about him taking off to explore and I can relax and enjoy training and playing with him. It's all a big game now and we both love it.

We're definitely going to get our BH in November and I'm going to work really hard so Tristan can try for his Schutzhund 1 too. The SchH1 will be a bit of a stretch as we only have two months but it might be doable. The big things he has to learn is to indicate articles while tracking and to retrieve a dumbell over a hurdle and a six foot wall. (Actually the biggest problem is that I'm going to have to learn to throw the dumbell. What can I say? I throw like a girl.)

1 Comments:

Blogger jodid said...

Hi Tristan,

You are a wonderful dog in everyway. I miss you buddy.

Love,
Daggie

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home