Saturday, September 16, 2006

Scary accident

I went with Tristan to the Pike Place Market today. We didn't stay long but took a break before leaving. I sat down in a row of four wood vintage theater seats. Right as we got up to leave, Tristan stood with his front feet on one of the seats. I didn't even have a chance to think about it before Tristan's feet slid forward, the seat flipped up and Tristan's forelegs were caught in the crack between the seat and the back rest. Tristan's back feet were still on the ground pushing the seat back down and making the seat act as a vise on Tristan's legs.

Tristan tried to get out which only made it worse and he was screaming horribly. I grabbed his body trying to raise him up. Two men immediately dived in to help and somehow miraculously and suddenly it was all over. I really don't know how we got him out but it was certainly due to the two heroes who came to our aid. I was able to blurt out my thanks but both disappeared by the time I examined Tristan and recovered myself.

Tristan's okay and doesn't seem to have any residual effects. I think it was a very close call. His front legs easily could have been seriously hurt. I really hope the men who helped understand how wonderful they are and how much I appreciate their kindness. A woman sat down and talked to me to make sure we were both okay. It was so nice and I appreciate her kindness also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home